Social Communication, Emotional Regulation, and Transactional Supports
The Intensive ESI/SCERTS program is an evidence-based program that focuses on enhancing the ability of parents and caregivers to support their child’s development as they build skills in the areas of social communication and emotional regulation within natural and valued family routines. In this program, caregivers can expect to act as partners in collaboration with their clinical team, as they participate in assessment and treatment activities including: a developmental, curriculum-based assessment of their child’s skills, treatment sessions and activities outside of sessions aimed at building child and caregiver interaction while addressing target skill sets and reducing interfering behaviour, and ongoing evaluation of child and family progress. In partnership with Five Counties Children’s Centre, services are delivered two hours per week, for up to six months.
- Families of children who are 12 to 36 months at the start of intervention
- Child has a diagnosis of autism
- Child is registered in the Ontario Autism Program
- Families are eligible for one Early Years program per year
- Two 1-hour sessions per week for up to six months
- Eligible families will be invited to participate in Caregiver Mediated Early Years programs by the Ministry of Children, Community, and Social Services (MCCSS). Families must receive an invitation from MCCSS in order to register for ESI/SCERTS.
- Invitations will be sent out in waves based on service provider capacity and the number of spaces available
- Families who receive an invitation letter in the mail will contact Canopy Support Services directly to determine which program is suitable for their family and to ask questions about the program
- Once invited families have chosen their preferred program, they will register directly with Canopy Support Services.
For additional information about the Caregiver-Mediated Early Years Programs, please contact Central Navigation at 1-888-616-3456 x 200 or by email at email@example.com