Service Description and Eligibility:
The FASD Coordinator works in conjunction with children/youth with FASD and/or suspect FASD who reside in the City of Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough, or Haliburton, their families, and existing services. The goal is to build capacity, to assist with education, and to determine positive strength-based supports by:
- Developing a support plan
- Supporting children 0-18 and up to 21 if they choose to stay in school
- Supporting connections to diagnostic supports
- Building capacity and identifying strategies with family, services providers, and educators.
- If appropriate, connecting to Coordinated Service Planning Team
- Helping to create transition plans to adult services
- Identifying gaps and opportunities for improving supports and awareness for FASD by supporting cross-sectoral planning tables
- Engaging with different cultural groups
- Facilitating parent to parent connections
How to Make a Referral:
- Contact Central Navigation at 705-876-9245 ext. 200 to begin the referral/intake process
- Typical information gathered at intake is:
- Reason for referral
- General health and well-being information
- Community agency involvement: past and present
- Special Education services details (EA, LLS class, IPRC, IEP, safety plan, Building Bridges)
- Assessments (neuro-psychological report, FASD diagnostic report, sensory assessment, etc.)
- Access to funding
- Consents for service
Community Presentation Referrals:
- Contact Brittany Thompson or Alysha Drobot at 705-876-9245
- For Community Presentation requests, please include:
- Agency name
- Contact information: name, phone, email
- Type of presentation (education, justice, general, parent/caregiver, youth, etc.)
- Is the agency a member of an FASD committee such as FASD Peterborough?
The FASD Coordinator will not duplicate services. There is no charge for this service.
FASD Parent/Caregiver Support Group:
The FASD parent/caregiver support group meets virtually the last Monday of each month from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Contact Brittany Thompson or Alysha Drobot for more details.
Brittany Thompson – 705-876-9245 ext. 256 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alysha Drobot – 705-876-9245 ext. 267 email@example.com