Strengths and Needs Assessment
An evaluation of your child’s strengths and needs using the scientific principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) across a broad range of developmental areas, including communication, social and play skills, school and learning readiness, self-help and independence. As part of the assessment parents/caregivers may complete checklists or rating scales in order to gather additional information regarding behaviour in other settings.
The Strengths and Needs Assessment can be used to inform the development of a Behaviour Plan which may include a combination of individual and group services, and may also support goal setting across a variety of learning environments (e.g., Individual Education Plan within the school setting).
Sessions will be scheduled in our clinic-based location, at home, or in the community
- One or more Curriculum Assessments Such as:
- Verbal Behaviour Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP)
- Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS)
- Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS)
- The Promoting the Emergence of Advanced Knowledge (PEAK) Relational Training System
- A printed assessment report at the completion of the assessment
If a Strengths and Needs Assessment reveals that challenging behaviour is of significant concern, an Functional Behavioural Assessment may also be recommended.
Need help choosing the services that are most appropriate for your family?
Contact us today for your FREE Introductory Consultation
1-888-616-3456 x 200